Message from Peel Region: Provincial Cuts to Paramedics and Public Health may put your health at risk
An excerpt reads:
Provincial plans may put your health at risk
Funding cuts impact your property taxes and lead to service reductions
The Ontario government has cut funding for paramedics and public health and plans to merge those services with other municipalities.
Respond to 1 local health emergency every 4 minutes. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Peel Public Health
- Inspects local restaurants to make sure your food is safe to eat.
- Tests local pools to make sure they are safe to swim in.
- Tracks immunizations to make sure school-aged kids are protected from dangerous diseases.
- Sends test shoppers to local stores to make sure they aren’t selling tobacco to your teens.
- Tracks dangerous diseases, like measles, to make sure they don’t spread.
- Prevents mosquitos from hatching, so you don’t risk getting West Nile Virus.
- And much more.
Email your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP)
Say “NO” to cuts and changes that could threaten your health.
[End of excerpt]