Previous posts regarding the redevelopment of Wesley Mimico United Church can be accessed here.
The following message is from Wesley Mimico Place, regarding the redevelopment of Wesley Mimico United Church at 2 Station Road in Mimico:
Wesley Mimico Place – the Renewal of Wesley Mimico United Church
Hopeful News – Crucial Vote Soon
We greet you with hopeful news. City staff of both Heritage Preservation Services and Planning Department have indicated that they are preparing supportive reports on rezoning for the Wesley renewal project, to be considered by:
- Toronto Preservation Board (TPB) June 5th, 2 p.m at City Hall.
- Etobicoke York Community Council (EYCC), June 17th, 10:15 a.m. at Etobicoke Civic Centre.
- City Council will vote on the recommendations from these two bodies on July 8/9 at City Hall.
These rezoning decisions are the pivotal steps determining the fate of the whole project. As a Team we believe that we cannot take for granted that favourable decisions will just happen. What we fear most is delay (the civic election ends this council in August!) giving rise to significant added costs (raising the prices for seniors’ homes!). However caused these two factors would work to seriously undermine the viability of the project. We believe it is important for decision makers to know of your support for timely and favourable decisions.
Hence we ask you once more to express your support. Here are the ways:
- By attending the EYCC meeting on June 17th, 10 a.m., at the Etobicoke Civic Centre. Some of you might even want to “depute” – speak to – the Council. You can arrange this by advising the secretariat of the EYCC that you wish to depute re the “2 Station Road” Wesley Mimico United Church rezoning proposal. (Application 13 143167 WET 06 OZ):
Etobicoke Civic Centre
Main floor, 399 The West Mall
Toronto, ON M9C 2Y2
- By sending a note, email, or phone call to Ward 6 Councillor Mark Grimes at :
100 Queen Street West, Suite C48
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
- By sending a note or email to the Secretariat of the TPB before June 5th at:
2nd floor, West Tower, City Hall
100 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or EYCC Secretariat at the contact information in ‘1’ above.
- By urging colleagues, friends, members of your faith community, neighbours, groups, etc. to do the same, and to visit the Project website for more of the facts atwww.wesleymimico.org and especially see the letters of support we have posted on our page http://wesleymimico.org/support-and-testimonials/
The Wesley team is grateful to the many individuals, local churches, groups and organizations who have contributed so much to the design of the project and have sent affirmative messages to us and decision-makers at the City. Through your encouragement and constructive feedback, the Wesley project has evolved to its current state.
We still have a long way to go to realize our vision – a hub of activity where people matter – where seniors will reside in comfortable apartments, where community neighbours engage in activities and programs that foster health and well-being, and where the Wesley congregation will continue its 150 years journey as a centre of worship and witness.
The Faith & Hope Team
P.S.: Expression of Interest: if you want to live here, you can find the Expression of Interest form at www.wesleymimico.org, under the CONTACT tab.
Get the facts at WesleyMimico.org.