Did you attend MCHS anytime DURING THE SIXTIES ? Join us in Toronto Oct 17, 2015.
If you attended MCHS in the Sixties, you are invited to attend the MCHS Sixties Reunion at Old Mill Toronto on Oct. 17, 2015. That includes students who began in the 1960s and graduated in the early 1970s.
Please contact Howard Hight at email@example.com if you wish to add your name to the MCHS Sixties Reunion database.
Please contact Jaan Pill at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to help in the organizing of the reunion.
Volunteers to assist the MCHS Sixties Reunion organizing committee
A number of people have previously contacted me to offer to assist as volunteers. If I have not yet gotten back to you, I will contact you. As with many volunteers, I have many projects on the go, with the result that it can, at times, take me some time to get back to people who have contacted me.
In the event you have contacted me, and do not hear back from me in the next while, please send me an email to remind me.
By way of background about the decision to expand the range of potential attendees, in response to the excellent suggestion from John Kovacs (MCHS 1971), please refer to the following posts:
A reminder, as well, about three MCHS Facebook pages that are well worth visiting.
MCHS Facebook groups
Three Facebook Groups related to Malcolm Campbell High School – that I have learned about to date: please let me know of any additional ones – are of interest.
It’s worth your while to join these groups, and to participate in discussions – and to upload photos that are connected with past and current activities related to MCHS – at these Facebook pages:
John Kovac (MCHS 1971) sent us the following message:
“How sad that our class of 71 is left off the invite list . We spent most of our time at MCHS in the Sixties , but get squeezed out of the fun reunion by a year .Think it over . I’m sure we can get a nice turn out for our year as well . John”
The discussion among the organizing committee can be summarized as follows:
1. Our MCHS Sixties Reunion database team reports that it would be a great idea to expand the lost of potential attendees.
“Interesting dilemma. Thought we had resolved before. BUT and there is always a but.”
“I therefore suggest a rethinking of the invitees to be.all MCHS students who were at the school any time during the 60s. Let it be a celebration of the 60s by those who were in high school during the 60s.”
“Think about it? Opens the doors to those who were there in the 60s at any stage of their high school career.”
2. “This perspective has merit, in my view, and warrants close thought.”
“The fact that we have a well organized MCHS Sixties Reunion database team in place, and thus have a good sense of potential overall attendance, adds weight to [this perspective].”
3. “The ideas … are great it will bring some ‘young blood’ into the group – looking forward to discussing this option plus any other ie – colour code everyone so that it will be easier to check out who was in your classes.”
4. “I agree with the [initial comment, from the first person on the MCHS organizing committee to comment] on this matter.”
5. “I’m with the [initial comment] on this. Obviously we can’t cover the whole period that MCHS was open, but any part of the sixties experience works for me.”
“Hi all – no need to deliberate long over this. Let’s just expand the invitation list beyond what we originally thought so we can include John [Kovac] and a few others.”
6. “I was the one who took a hard line on attendance but have no problem with expanding the invite list as proposed. As far as I’m concerned, go [for] it.”