Casino consultation process for the City of Toronto
The following message is from Ward 6 Councillor Mark Grimes’ Office:
Please find attached background information on the Casino Consultation Process for the City of Toronto:
Casino Consultation Plan – FINAL
Public consultation will be an important part of Council’s decision making process. The consultation will invite the public to give input, including potential concerns, principles and criteria that should be applied to decision making about a casino in Toronto.
The consultation will include a dedicated website with information on the issues described above, links to reports and an online and downloadable consultation workbook and feedback form.
There are many complex issues to consider regarding the establishment of a new casino. To support public learning, informed discussion and Council decision-making the consultation will include:
• Clear information to the public including the City’s role and the decision making process
• Council and Committee reports
• Preliminary assessments of the areas being considered for locating a casino as well as the possible social, economic, health and land use impacts
• Information on the City’s fiscal situation and potential revenue
• An online and downloadable workbook and feedback form to collect public input.
• Face-to-face public sessions with opportunities to learn more about the issues and provide input.
A range of communication and outreach methods will be developed which include print and online advertisements, social media, media releases, outreach through City staff and facilities
Consultation opens beginning of month
• Collect public input through website, public sessions and hard-copy
• Public Sessions:
January 9, Toronto City Hall
January 12, North York Memorial Hall
January 14, Etobicoke Olympium
January 17, Scarborough Civic Centre
January 19, Toronto Reference Library
Consultation closes end of month
Complete information is attached [see link at start of this message].
We appreciate wide circulation of this information and everyone participating in the process.
Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the public input process to ensure your comments areconsidered in the City Report to Council.
Office of Councillor Mark Grimes
Councillor Mark Grimes’ Office
Ward 6, Etobicoke Lakeshore
100 Queen Street West, Suite C48
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Tel: 416-397-9273 Fax: 416-397-9279
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!