The following message is from the Lakeshore Planning Council:
In partnership with the Lakeshore Planning Council and Cycle Toronto,
the Etobicoke-South Cycling Committee will be holding a meeting on:
Monday, June 23, 2014, from 7 to 9 PM
At “Among Friends”
2970 Lake Shore W, Etobicoke, ON M8V 1J7
(Lake Shore Blvd W and Islington Ave)
See map: Google Maps
1. In memory of our good friend, Jim Carr, memorial bike ride and fund-raising – discussion and plans.
2. Etobicoke Creek Trail. The TRCA and the Ministry of Transportation have been meeting about the trail. The new date for trail completion is late summer, early fall. A discussion on what is happening. Is there anything new?
3. Our Doable Neighbourhoods Project will be held during Culture Days on September 23-24. We will have a meeting area on the waterfront with Paddleboats. We would like to have Heritage Bike Rides leaving from this location and going into the community. We need to further our planning and begin finalizing our plans. Tom has a proposal for a pop-up parking stall; details to be discussed.
4. Bike to School Day was May 26. ESCC volunteers helped out at John English School. How successful was it? Also how can we help Pamela Gough make Bike to School Day a success across the TDSB?
5. May 26 is to Bike to Work Day. We will be leading the south west meeting point at 6:30 AM which will meet the main ride at Bloor and High Park and then proceed to downtown. Who is interested in attending?
6. Humber College is having a cycling event on August 27 as part of their Orientation Week. They have asked us to help out by being ride volunteers and knowledgeable local residents. Who is interested in helping? How can we make what Humber is doing better?
7. The Provincial election was June 12. Is there anything we can see that would benefit cyclists from the results?
8. Bike to Work Day ride was May 26. Update on activities from there.
9. Discussion of proposal from ESCC to City on type and location of bike lanes along LSBW from 1st Street to Norris Crescent.
This meeting is open to any cycling enthusiasts or anyone interested in Wards 5 and 6 issues.
Minutes of the meeting held on May 22, 2014 are attached.
Contact Info: Etobicoke South Cycling Committee
Contact name: David Juliusson
Phone: 416-392-6907 x.251