The following message is from Councillor Peter Milczyn’s Office [I have changed the paragraph structure and added bullets for easier reading]:
As your City Councillor for Etobicoke-Lakeshore, Ward 5, I am sending you this special enews.
After a very busy and exciting Provincial by-election campaign this past month, firstly, I would like to extend congratulations to Doug Holyday, our new MPP for Etobicoke-Lakeshore.
I also take this time to sincerely thank the residents of Etobicoke-Lakeshore who supported me, and demonstrated their confidence in me.
I would have been honoured to continue my political life as your M.P.P, but am genuinely humbled to continue representing you on Toronto City Council.
I look forward to continuing to work hard and advocate for Etobicoke-Lakeshore – Its vitality, growth and future.
It has been my pleasure to serve you for 16 years as councillor in the former City of Etobicoke, and as Toronto City Councillor for Etobicoke-Lakeshore. Over this period of time, I have worked very hard to listen to constituents and respond to your needs. I feel that we have a shared vision for Etobicoke and I am proud that I was able to accomplish many of our goals.
- being instrumental in establishing the 311 Call Service for the City (now available 24-7 to respond to your concerns);
- spearheading the West District Design Initiative (re-development to the vacant city-owned Westwood Theatre Lands, Kipling-Islington TTC Stations improvements, and Six Points Interchange redesign);
- being a vocal advocate for improved public transit;
- fighting for fiscal responsibility for the City of Toronto;
- pushing for the revitalization and improvements to the parks and green spaces in Ward 5;
- and as Chair of Toronto’s Planning and Growth Management Committee, bringing leadership to the creation of a harmonized Zoning By-law, protecting employment lands, updating our Official Plan and developing a City Transportation Plan, and working towards the establishment of the City’s own Local Appeal body for planning matters.
There is however MORE to be done.
I eagerly look forward to continuing my work at City Hall on your behalf, and promise to listen to you, respond to your concerns, and be your voice on Toronto City Council. Please reach me or my City Hall Staff at:
416-392-4040 (main line)
Please enjoy a safe and happy summer.