I did not attend the September 11, 2013 meeting concerning the Bike Skills Track at Marie Curtis Park.
I have little time available for meetings these days. However, I do have time to post updates and this is what I’ve learned regarding the above-noted September 11, 2013 meeting:
- There were few non-bikers at the meeting.
- There was a plan to have slides from the meeting posted at Councillor Mark Grimes’ website.
- A Marie Curtis Park master plan was mentioned at the meeting, in which, as I understand, the bike track was apparently approved ten years ago.
I much appreciate David Switzer’s overview (see below). Few things are as satisfying as a clear storyline, no matter what the topic.
By way of a further update, Councillor Grimes’ Office has communicated the following information:
- The relevant slides will be posted to markgrimes.ca, as well as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The Marie Curtis Park concept plan from 2007 and the master plan from 2010, both of which include the bike park (referred to as BMX) is available here:——————————————————-
- CCFEW posted the master plan on its website as well http://www.ccfew.org/html/marie_curtis_park.html.
- The Councillor’s Office is not sure when/where it was mentioned that it was approved 10 years ago.
- The Councillor’s Office adds:
- “The bike park element was not included in the 2 phased in redevelopment plans because there was no funding for it at that time, and because there were other elements in the park that community feedback identified as higher priorities.”
- As well, a PowerPoint presentation is available: